The in8 Perspective is a personal development programme which is designed to help you grow emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It will help you to see your life from a brand new perspective. This programme is for you if you resonate with any of the following:
- You sense that there is more to life than simply eating, working, entertainment and sleeping – but you are not quite sure who or what to believe or what to do about it.
- You feel that both you and the world could benefit from a new approach to understanding how humans behave and our place in a constantly evolving universe.
- You are curious about ideas such as mindfulness, meditation and holistic approaches to health, but have perhaps struggled to fit these ideas into your every-day world in a comprehensive way.
- You believe that both creativity and science are important – but also sense that neither can currently explain everything that we experience.
- You feel want to explore the bigger questions of “life, the universe and everything” in a safe place with someone who you can trust.
- You sense that there is something within each human being which strives for good, for growth and for fulfilment.
- You would benefit from having an experienced personal guide who has your own best interests at heart and who can encourage you when you need encouragement and show you practical ways around obstacles which might block your path.
This programme may or may not be for you, but you should definitely avoid it if any of the following apply:
- You already have all the answers you need.
- You are convinced that a purely ‘scientific approach’ is the only valid approach to making sense of the universe.
- You are looking for a guru or spiritual teacher.
- You have unresolved emotional or mental health issues.
- You believe that you need to explore all the negative things in your life before you will be able to move forward.
- You are lonely, bored or looking for entertainment.
This programme consists of eight face to face (or Skype video) meetings with me, Alec Stansfield, over a period of four months. Over this time we meet every two weeks to explore the big questions that all of us face as human beings in an increasingly complex world. We will look at innate needs and resources and examine your innate talents. We will set tasks that help you to take practical steps towards whatever goals or vision you have for the future. We will monitor progress and look closely at any limiting beliefs, psychological barriers or other obstacles that might stand in your way.
For the past forty years I have been asking questions about the nature of reality and consciousness. Of particular interest to me has been the balance between the creative and spiritual aspects of being human with the more rational, intellectual and scientific side of our experience. I am not in any way anti-science – I have a science degree – but I am also aware that science itself is now telling us that the universe is more wonderfully weird that we previously understood.
At it’s heart the in8 perspective programme is based on a simple idea.
That whatever challenges you currently face and whatever dreams you aspire to, you are the only one who can shape your own future. That you were born with an inner guidance system and that you can trust it to show you your path. But that you may need the help of an experienced guide to help you to recognise what is real and what is not, and to help you take the first steps towards the future you deserve.
The in8 perspective programme is NOT a substitute for psychotherapy and makes the assumption that you begin from a place of emotional and mental health. If you are suffering from the effects of unconscious triggers caused by trauma, post traumatic stress disorder or physical or mental abuse – then please look first at our psychotherapeutic services.